Andy’s Local Market is looking for a dynamic and experienced Deli Manager. We are growing local market that will be expanding into two new locations over the course of the next few months. This is a great opportunity to be part of something special! As the Deli Manager – you have a role in helping customers by providing excellent customer service through managing and leading one of the busiest teams in our store .You are responsible for managing and merchandising the department for maximum productivity and profit, you are responsible for ordering and inventory controls, product quality and supervision of the Deli team. Your role as a Deli Manager is to ensure deli crew members are well trained and exceed customer expectations for quality and service. The Deli Manager oversees that hiring and scheduling needs are met The Deli manager is responsible for coordinating new menu items, keeping up with market trends and maximizing outside catering sales.
- Be at least 18 years of age with a preferred 4 years supervisory experience and strong knowledge of deli or related food service
- Experience ordering food and supplies from multiple vendors
- Be dependable and reliable, having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to plan, produce and coordinate Deli/Kitchen items for multiple location
- Proven ability to cover counter and kitchen operations simultaneously
- Have strong good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to take and give direction, participating in a team environment and proactively make adjustments as needed.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers, taking special orders and answering phones.
- Possess a proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff, while possessing a working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals
- Have a strong focus on detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have and maintain Food Safety certification. Also ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, weights and measures, store safety, employee safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met.
- Have strong organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to lift/carry product horizontally/vertically weighing up to 70 lbs., from 4” to 60”, for a distance up to 20 feet without mechanical assistance for up to 4 hours
- Must be able to stand for up to 5 hours continuously, for a total of up to 10 hours per shift.
- Operate a slicer, wrapping and cooking equipment; assisting in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Be able to perform other related duties as assigned.
If you are a dynamic leader with these qualifications, please send your resume or apply in person at 688 Point San Pedro Rd., San Rafael
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Food Service Management, 2 years
Andy’s Local Market Sun Valley is looking to hire a full time/part time person to work in our deli area. He/She should have an awesome and friendly personality, and love interacting with people. You have to have a strong work ethic, enjoy working as a team and have an eye for detail. You must be able to perform quickly and efficiently. You must be fluent in English, and have no fear of approaching and talking to strangers. We get very busy so a sense of urgency is a must. You must be able to work weekends and be able to lift 20 pounds. Positions within our deli area include preparing sandwiches, entrees, and other duties as well.
Andy’s Local Market is an independent gourmet market committed to our community, and may have an opportunity for you.
The cashier needs to be able to provide a warm welcome to customers, as well as provide them with friendly customer service and knowledge of the store. We are looking for a cashier that can accurately complete sales and transactions on registers and make change properly. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn our food and products.
You must be self-motivated and fluent in English. Good communication skills are a must. The schedule for this position includes mornings, evenings, and weekend days/nights. You must be able to stand for long periods and lift up to 20 pounds.